Today’s inspiration prompt requires me to write a list. I have a choice in which list I choose to write about but they are so simple, I’m choosing to write a list for all of them.
Things I Like:
- Books. Books are my life. I love to read. I feel like an addict going through withdrawal when I don’t have something to read. I honestly believe it keeps me sane and I lose a lot of sleep because of reading but I can sleep when I’m dead right?
- Food. I am a foodie. There is a short list, on one hand, of foods I won’t eat. Exploring new-to-me restaurants is great fun. My favorite eats: sushi, ramen, anything in pasta form (alfredo, spaghetti, ravioli etc) and Chinese food
- My pets. I have two cats and a painted turtle. I used to hate cats. I had a roommate back in college who had devil spawn cats. They would constantly destroy things and howl at the moon. I vowed never to have cats. But then one day a friend presented a box of stray cats to me and Milliardo was the only one sleeping in the box and right when I was going to walk away he opened his eyes and looked at me and I was sold. The turtle has been around for 10 years and counting and we decided Milliardo needed a more mellow friend so that’s where Isabel came into the picture.
- Netflix et al. I love watching television shows. I gravitate mostly towards historical pieces (Vikings, Downton Abbey, Spartacus..) and drama shows (Grey’s Anatomy, Shameless, Scandal..) but I’m open to anything. I’ll even watch documentaries here and there. HUGE Marvel fan and DC (sometimes when they’re good). My husband and I go and see all the Marvel films as well as the Marvel adaptation shows on Netflix.
- Music. I looooove listening to music. Some of my favorite artists include Ed Sheeran, Lindsey Stirling, Pentatonix, Beyonce, Josh Groban, Evanescence.. I am all over the board. I make it a point to watch the Grammys every year for the performances.
Things I’ve Learned:
- Lately I’ve learned that I would make a wonderful psychiatrist. I have been dishing out a lot of advice to my friends lately and I’ve learned that it’s actually pretty good advice. I’ve been told that I have the type of mindset that tries to analyze a situation from different angles in order to understand the whole picture. I like to think up different possibilities or motives for why people act or say the things they say before instantly judging. Now I can’t say that it applies to all situations (ask my husband) because I do like to be right but I’m also not afraid to admit when I’m wrong.
- I’ve learned I have the capacity to learn new things even if at first I didn’t believe in myself. I’ve started a whole new career path that has absolutely nothing to do with what I thought my dream job would be but in the month and a half that I’ve been here I’ve been told I am doing a really good job. I’m proud of myself and it only encourages me to continue to push harder and become the best at what I do.
Thing I Wish:
- I wish I could get paid to read. I know I keep saying it, but I love to read and that’s my dream job.
- I wish snowstorm Stella would take a hike. I don’t mind snow but I am so tired of the up and down extremes. I live in Ohio and it can literally go from 70 degrees one day to 20 degrees the next. Its exhausting.
- I wish I had enough money to buy a Tesla. That car is so sexy!
Things You’re Good At:
- I’m good at helping people with their computer or phone problems. I’m pretty tech savvy and have become well versed in a lot of computer programs. I love Windows and Android the most but I dabble with other operating systems from time to time.
- I’m good at driving stick shift
- I’m good at making people laugh even when they don’t want to
- I’m good at crying over fictional characters
- I’m good at singing in the shower
- I’m good at sleeping
- I’m good at giving advice and recommending things
- I’m good at social media
- I’m good at love
- I’m good at being honest
- I’m good at being me
One tenth of the way into my blogging university course! See you tomorrow for Day 3.