- Please PINGBACK to her at Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Or just Kate. And PINGBACK TO A SPECIFIC POST. She won’t see the post otherwise, and she’d like to see it.
- At the very top of this post is the post I did the pingback for – other can copy that to make it easier if you’d like!
- You can choose ten romance fails from ANY media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
Thank you James for tagging me in this LOVEly (ha) tag. I’m going to go based off James’ interpretation of the tag and do book, movie, anime, TV show romance fails.
10. Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley from the Harry Potter series
Don’t kill me Potterheads! I’m sorry but that romance just did not work for me. It came out of nowhere and it was just awkward the whole way through. I love Harry but these two just didn’t fit.
9. Inuyasha and Kagome (anime)
Okay, so you have Kagome who accidentally falls into this well and gets transported back to like feudal Japan. She meets Inuyasha who’s half demon dog boy and they end up encountering this monster that pulls this magical jewel from her and shatters it into a million pieces. The whole premise of the show is them going around fighting creatures who have been enhanced by the jewel shards and getting them back together into one jewel. Kagome likes Inuyasha and Inuyasha was in love with his dead gf chick Kiyoko who Kagome takes after thusly, he sort of falls for Kagome but not really cause she always plays hard to get except when Kiyoko spirit comes around then all of sudden she’s jealous. By the end, they kiss maybe once in 170 episodes and then it just kind of ends unresolved.
Have I mentioned I hate love triangles? Well, I still have three more where that came from.
8. Kelsey, Ren and Kishan from the Tiger’s Curse series by Colleen Houck
You can look this book up if you want to. I don’t want to explain it. The only reason I read it was because an ex-friend begged me too and let me just say, this love triangle never, ever makes sense. Essentially Kelsey ends up being in love with both men but seemed to sometimes change her mind depending on the moment? But both need to involved in order to break this ancient curse. I always rooted for her and Ren cause she met him first, but that’s just me.
7. Elena, Stephan, and Damon from the Vampire Diaries
AAAAAAAH! Okay I was completely in love with Elena and Stephan at first but Damon was just 1000x more swoony so I always secretly voted for him. I felt he brought out her true nature more. When they finally got together I felt bad for Stephan and thought about changing my mind but Damon is just so hot! Ultimately she failed with both guys because I don’t know how a girl can fail with TWO hot guys but Elena pulled it off dramatically. (disclaimer, I haven’t finished the whole series yet so don’t spoil it for me cause I know she comes back in the last one!)
6. Tamlin and Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Man this romance failed hard. It was laid out like a dream but ultimately Tamlin turned out to be a big ole passive coward and Feyre fell for someone else.
5. Romeo X Juliet (anime)
This is such a beautiful anime. It’s sort of like the regular story but different. They still die at the end which is a fail but.. well.. I won’t spoil it for you. Just watch it someday.
4. Jane True and Ryu from the Jane True series by Nicole Peeler
Another couple that seemed like the perfect match. Jane is a part selkie and Ryu is a vampire. You can imagine, it’s a pretty odd relationship. It seemed to work for a while but it ultimately failed because shifters should just be shifters just saying!
3. Olivia Pope and Jake from Scandal
It will always be about Olivia and Fitz. ALWAYS! I admit, I had my Jolivia moments because Jake is so hot but the relationship failed. Jake will never get his island in the sun 😦
2. and 1. Cristina/Burke and Cristina/Owen from Grey’s Anatomy
THE MOST EPIC ROMANCES AND THEY BOTH FAILED!!! Burke was so freaking perfect for Cristina. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! But no, the actor had to go and run his mouth in real life so Shonda wrote him in to get booted off. GUYS! HE LEFT HER AT THE ALTAR! It doesn’t get more fail than that!!! Then later on Owen was such a great, if sometimes crazy (he had PTSD moments) fit for her but she just decided to be this fluttery free butterfly. DAMMIT Cristina!!
I’m only going to tag one person this time because I know she’s a romance junky as much, if not more than me: cwhiteweb
If anyone else would like to participate, feel free to do so! I would love to watch and read more romance fails!