In lieu of the romance fails tag, I decided to create my own tag.
- Thank the person who tagged you and create a pingback to the original author Nel@Reactionary Tales.
- Share at least 5 (but more are welcome) romances that tugged your heart strings. They can be from books, movies, TV shows, manga; anything you can think of! They can be examples of sad tears, angry tears, happy tears or a combination of all three.
- Nominate 5 (or more) people to share their emotional traumas
- (Note: Try not to spoil the story for your readers in case they would like to check out these romances on their own)
- Mark and Lexi from Grey’s Anatomy. Every time I even marginally think about the course of their relationship and how it ended, the ugly tears come out
- Rurouni Kenshin and Tomoe from Samurai X. I can’t even describe the depth of my sadness after watching this anime. This is the prequel to Kenshin the anime and it tells us how he became the wandering samurai.
- Howl and Sofi from Howl’s Moving Castle. HAPPY TEARS! This is such a fun film with magicians, scarecrows and a talking flame named Calcifer but I still ended up shedding a few tears.
- Jack and Rose from Titanic. To this day, it still makes me sob even though I know what’s going to happen
- Sybil and Branson from Downton Abbey. They weren’t the only couple to make me sob but these two definitely hit me the hardest in that entire show!
- Addie and Rowan from The Final Formula Series by Becca Andre. From the first book to the fifth one they were so complicated. There were a few times where I wanted to call the author and scream at her for making me emotionally tangled.
- Everything Judith McNaught has ever written starting with A Kingdom of Dreams. It’s all, eventually HEA (happily ever after) but she takes you on a ridiculous, emotional roller-coaster ride
- Tamara and Val from The Ultimate Weapon by Shannon Mckenna. Out of the entire series, that one was the hardest to read. Tamara had been through so much and she was quite skeptical of ever having and keeping true love!
- Pocahontas and John Smith. Yeah I went there. I’m an easy crier ok!
- Tristan and Isolde. Their story is set in a time before Romeo and Juliet and just as heart wrenching!
Bonus: Achilles and Briseis from the movie Troy. Hector’s situation made me sob before theirs but their story still gutted me. (All the pictures of them I tried to find were NSFW so you’ll have to Google them on your own :P)
I hope you all enjoy this tag. Can’t wait to see your answers! To everyone else, feel free to participate in this tag. I would love more content to add to my list and hope my list inspires you all to check out these, and other, wonderful romances.