Good morning! or evening depending on where you are in the world.
My Reader is full of all these wonderful July wrap up posts. Congratulations to everyone that made a goal and reached it! Also, can you believe it’s August already?? 2017, you are going too fast!
Today, is my 200th post here at RT and I bet you’re wondering why its cringeworthy. Well, I’m glad you asked voices of my friends! Yes, I have imagined what all of you sound like, my regulars, and when I read your comments, I hear your specific voice in my head. The post is cringeworthy cause I was having a conversation with a coworker the other day about sounds that make us cringe and I thought it would be fun to talk about them here and see if you all share the same sentiments or can add to my list.
So here we go:
- nails on a chalkboard: iconic I know but the thought of that sound makes me cringe. I can barely even listen to chalk on a chalkboard!
- chewing with your mouth open: I literally want to punch a wall when I hear people chew with their mouth open and subsequently:
- teeth on your utensils: when a person puts food in their mouth and scrape their teeth when pulling the utensil out of their mouth I want to scream and adding to that:
- when your fork scrapes your plate: that’s basically the same sound as your teeth on your fork as well as:
- slurping your food: stop just stop. Funny thing is, I don’t have a problem with people who slurp the last drops of a drink through a straw but slurping soup causes me to rage. (Clearly I have issues with people eating, haha)
- styrofoam scratching another piece of styrofoam: AAAAAAH! that’s all I can say
- when my cats groom themselves near me: I’m terrible cause I yell at them go away. I can distinctly hear those rough tongues on their fur and I can’t take it
- water dripping: when my turtle tank water starts getting low, you can hear the water flow from the filter. Supposedly running water or a bubbling brook sound is supposed to be calm and soothing but it just makes me angry!
Those are just a few that I can think of right at this moment. Keeping this post short and sweet today. Do you all have any sound triggers? Are some of them on my list? Let me know in the comments below!