- Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List 7 things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
The beautiful, amazing, wonderful, fantastic Roda@Growing Self, nominated me for this award a ways back and since I can’t think of anything else to write today except for my toilet installation (not sure if you all would want to see pictures of that), I chose this instead.
7 things I love about Me
- I love my hair. In America, there’s this “natural hair movement” going on where all these black women are “reclaiming their roots” which basically means they’re either transitioning from always having their hair relaxed to wearing it natural or they did a “big chop” and are starting fresh with their natural texture. I, on the other hand, have never relaxed my hair nor do I ever plan to even though it would make my life a million times easier. I’ve always been natural. I’ve never even dyed my hair before because I’m afraid of chemical reactions making me bald. I hate doing my hair cause it’s tedious as hell but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- As I said in a previous post, I’m a tech nerd. I am proud of my tech nerdiness. Every laptop I’ve ever own has gotten taken apart and put back together in some capacity. I make it my business to know all about my motherboard, the graphics card whether its on board or not, the RAM, all of it. I dug into my photos server to find a picture to show you an example of a laptop I took apart and put back together:
- I am stellar at internet research. I can find any answer, deal, outdated video, something for sale on the internet. I’m literally the go to person when someone needs me to find something or sell something for them on the interwebs and I’m proud to say I’m really good at it. I’ve contemplated going to school to become a hacker but then I think about how much I don’t want to work for the government and the dream dies. I wouldn’t be a nefarious hacker! I just am not a fan of the US government right now, lol..
- I’m not a girly girl and I’m completely okay with that. I don’t wear makeup, I don’t wear nail polish, I don’t wear dresses unless I’m forced and I absolutely hate heels and I’m 100% happy that I am the way that I am.
- I like being the go to person when people need honest advice. I pride myself on being honest even if there’s a possibility it might hurt someone’s feelings. I’m of the mentality to say what I mean and mean what I say. I might apologize for the tone of voice that I used later but I don’t say something unless I mean it even if it’s in anger because there’s no such thing as saying something out of anger; at least to me.
- I love my life currently. I have goals and dreams but at this point in time, my life is perfect. I wish I had more money to accelerate some things like being able to visit my wonderful friends in other countries but patience (I’m saving!).
- Lastly, I love eating. I’m lucky to have great genetics in that my metabolism burns faster than I eat sometimes. I also love meat (literally eating beef brisket for breakfast right now). I’m probably more carnivorous than omnivorous and I plan to keep it that way. I was probably a cave woman in a past life or a T-Rex or something. I know a lot of people are all about being vegetarian and vegan but that is and will never be for me unless a doctor deems it so and even then, I’d question it.
There you have it! 7 things I love about me. Hope you all enjoyed these bits and let me know if you want to see a post about my toilet installation in the comments below! Happy Monday!