I was talking to my amazing friend Mischenko the other day and I forget how we got on the topic of crying but I was explaining to her how much of an easy crier I am. My emotional meter is pretty much from zero to crying. For example, I told her if someone yells at me, I’m in tears. Not because they’re yelling at me because I can take a ream with the best of them; it’s usually because I’m pissed at the person or myself and my angry/frustrated/annoyed meter is on the same wavelength as my sadness trigger meter. I’ve even yelled at a person while crying and it usually freaks people out cause they’re worried they’ve made me sad when in reality I want to strangle them and the effect was ruined because of my stupid tears.
The conversation led to weekend plans and I told her I was probably going to subject myself to emotional torture. And she asked me what I meant by that. I told her, that means I’m going to watch the latest episode of Grey’s Anatomy. This made her “lol” but I told her, it’s a miracle for me to watch an episode of this show without crying some type of tears. If I even see someone crying on TV, even if it’s happy tears, I’m right there with them. I don’t know if you all watch Grey’s but the latest was about Dr. Bailey and even though I knew it was going to be emotional, I still wasn’t ready.
Do you ever just watch movies or shows because you know they’re going to elicit emotions out of you? I literally have a list of go to films and television shows that I willingly torture myself with. Today, I’m going to share my list with you and see if you all share the same sentimentality as I do and see if you have your own additions you can add to my list (cause the more the merrier right?).
Here we go:
- Grey’s Anatomy – currently in season 14 and I’ve accepted my addiction
- Troy – I love my Brad Pitt booty shot but this movie is so emotional
- The Lion King – Mufasa getting killed gets me every single time
- Gilmore Girls – I mean…
- A Little Princess – The scene where the girls are being ripped apart to the point where the one is desperate enough to go out the window— it’s ultimately happy tears by the end though!
- Tristan and Isolde – Another one where there are so many scenes I could talk about between my happy and ugly tears
- Downton Abbey – The most crushing scene involves Sybil and then later on with Matthew but I won’t spoil it just in case you haven’t seen this soul crushing show..
- Any movie Denzel Washington has ever been in but specifically Man on Fire
I’m not crying, you are!
What are some of your favorite (and I use that term loosely) tearjerkers? Are you a fan of willingly subjecting yourself to emotional torture? Do you have your own cry-o-meter? Let me know in the comments below! Don’t be shy. We can cry together.