Hey, hey! It’s Monday! Last week I was nominated and tagged in a few things so for the next couple of days, it will probably be me catching up to the wonderful people who had me in mind for these things.
I was lucky to be nominated for Sunshine Blogger Award by two great bloggers; Roda @ Growing Self and Cherylene @ Living vs. Existing. Both these beautiful ladies have really great blogs dedicated to sharing tips, stories and general advice to make us all better people. I thank you both and really appreciate having met you two in this wonderful corner of the interwebs. I’m sure a lot of you probably know both of them but if you haven’t met them yet, check out their sites and hit that follow button! You will not regret reading the content they both share with us on a regular basis 🙂
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Questions from Roda:
- Use one word to describe yourself.
- What is your favorite season? Why?
My favorite season would have to be either Spring or Fall. Summer is too hot and too many bugs and winter is too cold.
- Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?
I’m an in between mouse. I like to have my own space and not stuck in a gridlock every day but I also like not having to drive 30 minutes for a burger at Wendy’s when the craving arises.
- What is your superpower?
My superpower is probably eating. The amount of food I consume in a day surprises most people because I’m so skinny.
- Why do you write?
I write because it’s fun. I like sharing my stories that are sometimes too good to be true and I like connecting and talking about books and shows and music and generally being social. Blogging doesn’t work the same when you write in a physical notebook.
- What is your favorite book? (Jay and Nel – just one!)
My favorite book often changes from month to month but my all time favorite classic book is The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas.
- What brings you JOY?
My husband’s face. Food. Books. My pet’s faces. Being financially stable. Netflix. I could go on for a while 😉
- What is your favorite fruit?
Blueberries. I will eat blueberry anything.
- Who is your role model? Why?
My role model is most probably my mother. She raised me as a single parent and did the best she could. Wasn’t always easy but considering she’s the only parent I have, I definitely appreciate her even if she annoys me sometimes.
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
There are many places in the world I would like to go but right now, my husband and I really want to go to Japan. We’re huge anime, sushi, ramen, fiberoptics fans and we really want to go and immerse ourselves in the culture.
- What do you love most about YOU?
I love everything about me as conceited as that sounds. I am who I am and I accept that so there’s nothing not to love.
Questions from Cherylene:
- What is your favourite time of day?
My favorite time of day is night. I have a love/hate relationship with the sun.
- What do you think are the two most important character traits a person can possess?
This is a great question. I would have to say open ears and an open mind. We’re not all equal in this world and if you can be a good listener and think beyond what you know, I think it makes for a better person in the long run.
- In a relationships that stand the test of time, what do you think are the key things for their success?
Communication. Without communication, a relationship dies. Have to always be willing to talk honestly to a person whether its positive or negative in order for any relationship to stand a chance at surviving.
- What do you do to help care for the environment?
Ha. Not enough. I recycle and repurpose as much as possible. I buy used unless something absolutely needs to be new. I’ve participated in numerous restoration and rehabilitation programs. I bring awareness to endangered animals/plants/oceans through my blog every week.
- Use one word to describe your childhood memories.
Loner. I was not very social as a child. I liked to keep to myself with my nose in a book.
- If you could do one thing for the world to make it a better place what would you do?
Honestly nothing. The world is and always will be a cynical place.
- Do you have a favourite fast-food restaurant?
Well I love Wendy’s chicken nuggets and Swensons zucchini fries and I love Chinese food; honey chicken, egg foo young and dim sum! Mmmmm, now I’m hungry.
- In the junk food category, what food do you consider your weakness?
Whoppers! I can eat a whole box in one sitting. They’re so addicting.
- If you won the lottery in the morning what would be the first three things you would do?
I would pay off my student loans first because they’re obnoxious and then I would set up a big ole mutual fund. After that we’d go to Japan and then probably Australia since we’re already over there. I probably should ask, how much money did I win???
- What do you like most about your blog?
My content naturally but I also like the colors. I’m thinking about changing my theme again because there’s some shortcodes I can’t use with this one. (I am a tech nerd just FYI)
- Do you have a favourite quote?
“I’m not weird, I’m gifted.”
Because I’ve been nominated for this award 3 times, consider everyone tagged. (Plus, I have the case of the laziness Mondays). Hope you enjoyed my answers and remember to checkout Roda and Cherylene’s blogs!