I was talking to my amazing friend Mischenko the other day and I forget how we got on the topic of crying but I was explaining to her how much of an easy crier I am. My emotional meter is pretty much from zero to crying. For example, I told her if someone yells at me, I’m in tears. Not because they’re yelling at me because I can take a ream with the best of them; it’s usually because I’m pissed at the person or myself and my angry/frustrated/annoyed meter is on the same wavelength as my sadness trigger meter. I’ve even yelled at a person while crying and it usually freaks people out cause they’re worried they’ve made me sad when in reality I want to strangle them and the effect was ruined because of my stupid tears.
The conversation led to weekend plans and I told her I was probably going to subject myself to emotional torture. And she asked me what I meant by that. I told her, that means I’m going to watch the latest episode of Grey’s Anatomy. This made her “lol” but I told her, it’s a miracle for me to watch an episode of this show without crying some type of tears. If I even see someone crying on TV, even if it’s happy tears, I’m right there with them. I don’t know if you all watch Grey’s but the latest was about Dr. Bailey and even though I knew it was going to be emotional, I still wasn’t ready.
Do you ever just watch movies or shows because you know they’re going to elicit emotions out of you? I literally have a list of go to films and television shows that I willingly torture myself with. Today, I’m going to share my list with you and see if you all share the same sentimentality as I do and see if you have your own additions you can add to my list (cause the more the merrier right?).
Here we go:
- Grey’s Anatomy – currently in season 14 and I’ve accepted my addiction
- Troy – I love my Brad Pitt booty shot but this movie is so emotional
- The Lion King – Mufasa getting killed gets me every single time
- Gilmore Girls – I mean…
- A Little Princess – The scene where the girls are being ripped apart to the point where the one is desperate enough to go out the window— it’s ultimately happy tears by the end though!
- Tristan and Isolde – Another one where there are so many scenes I could talk about between my happy and ugly tears
- Downton Abbey – The most crushing scene involves Sybil and then later on with Matthew but I won’t spoil it just in case you haven’t seen this soul crushing show..
- Any movie Denzel Washington has ever been in but specifically Man on Fire
I’m not crying, you are!
What are some of your favorite (and I use that term loosely) tearjerkers? Are you a fan of willingly subjecting yourself to emotional torture? Do you have your own cry-o-meter? Let me know in the comments below! Don’t be shy. We can cry together.
- Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List 7 things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
The beautiful, amazing, wonderful, fantastic Roda@Growing Self, nominated me for this award a ways back and since I can’t think of anything else to write today except for my toilet installation (not sure if you all would want to see pictures of that), I chose this instead.
7 things I love about Me
- I love my hair. In America, there’s this “natural hair movement” going on where all these black women are “reclaiming their roots” which basically means they’re either transitioning from always having their hair relaxed to wearing it natural or they did a “big chop” and are starting fresh with their natural texture. I, on the other hand, have never relaxed my hair nor do I ever plan to even though it would make my life a million times easier. I’ve always been natural. I’ve never even dyed my hair before because I’m afraid of chemical reactions making me bald. I hate doing my hair cause it’s tedious as hell but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- As I said in a previous post, I’m a tech nerd. I am proud of my tech nerdiness. Every laptop I’ve ever own has gotten taken apart and put back together in some capacity. I make it my business to know all about my motherboard, the graphics card whether its on board or not, the RAM, all of it. I dug into my photos server to find a picture to show you an example of a laptop I took apart and put back together:
- I am stellar at internet research. I can find any answer, deal, outdated video, something for sale on the internet. I’m literally the go to person when someone needs me to find something or sell something for them on the interwebs and I’m proud to say I’m really good at it. I’ve contemplated going to school to become a hacker but then I think about how much I don’t want to work for the government and the dream dies. I wouldn’t be a nefarious hacker! I just am not a fan of the US government right now, lol..
- I’m not a girly girl and I’m completely okay with that. I don’t wear makeup, I don’t wear nail polish, I don’t wear dresses unless I’m forced and I absolutely hate heels and I’m 100% happy that I am the way that I am.
- I like being the go to person when people need honest advice. I pride myself on being honest even if there’s a possibility it might hurt someone’s feelings. I’m of the mentality to say what I mean and mean what I say. I might apologize for the tone of voice that I used later but I don’t say something unless I mean it even if it’s in anger because there’s no such thing as saying something out of anger; at least to me.
- I love my life currently. I have goals and dreams but at this point in time, my life is perfect. I wish I had more money to accelerate some things like being able to visit my wonderful friends in other countries but patience (I’m saving!).
- Lastly, I love eating. I’m lucky to have great genetics in that my metabolism burns faster than I eat sometimes. I also love meat (literally eating beef brisket for breakfast right now). I’m probably more carnivorous than omnivorous and I plan to keep it that way. I was probably a cave woman in a past life or a T-Rex or something. I know a lot of people are all about being vegetarian and vegan but that is and will never be for me unless a doctor deems it so and even then, I’d question it.
There you have it! 7 things I love about me. Hope you all enjoyed these bits and let me know if you want to see a post about my toilet installation in the comments below! Happy Monday!