Okay, I’m a slacker. I’ve been nominated for this award twice! Thank you to the spectacular James, who I’ve nominated for plenty awards, because I love reading his 365 challenge posts! He’s such a great guy and is so engaging with his blogging audience. Do check out his site. I also would like to thank Renata whose site you should also click on because she’s a strong woman who speaks the absolute truths as well as things she’s learned through her own experiences.
The rules of this award:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs (tough call, yikes!)
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Grab your popcorn here because I have 22 questions to answer!
What made you start blogging?
It was a random idea between M and I since we were no longer working together
What are the primary content areas on your site?
Most probably my everyday stories and the In Danger installments
What other languages can you speak, read or write?
I can bumble my way through Spanish. Took 2 years in high school and keep my skills brushed up with Speak Tribe app and a friend of mine who’s fluent
Which color best describes your choice in books?
I don’t even know. I’m a colorful person so my books are colorful as well!
What is your favorite of the 7 deadly sins, and why?
I’m going to go with Lust here only because in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Lust was portrayed as a woman who would lead alchemists down her desired path but as the show progressed she desired to become human and ended up helping the brothers.
What other job would you want to have?
What foods can’t you stomach no matter how hard you try? (You must have tried it before)
Bananas and kiwi
What zoo animal would you most want as a pet?
If we’re being realistic, none; but if I had the means, elephant and fennec fox
Who do you live with?
My husband, 2 cats and Turtle
Describe the perfect book.
I can’t because there is no such thing for a girl with my crazy imagination
Which blog that you follow is your must-read every day? Only 1!
The Reader because I look forward to everybody’s posts and technically its one concentrated blog looking place to do so. 😛
How long has writing been a part of your life?
Blog writing has been apart of my life for the last three months but back in high school I loved to write and would take all the writing courses I could; creative writing, poetry writing, Shakespearean writing and even research paper writing
What’s your favorite dish?
Pasta or sushi or soup or waffles… I love food. I can’t have a favorite!
What do you like the most about where you live?
That my state is shaped like a pointy heart! I also love that we have fifteen seasons. The weatherman is always wrong.
Can you describe social media using 2 adjectives? (gotcha there)
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and self-evolved
Have you volunteered anywhere or would you like to? Where?
Yes. I’ve worked in two wildlife rehabilitation facilities in Ohio and an endangered bird breeding propagation program in Maui. I would love to participate in some type of sea turtle conservation with multiple flotation devices strapped to my body so I don’t drown trying to save the beasties 🙂
What movie ending do you hate the most?
So this is an old film but Spitfire Grill has the worst ending!
Can you tell me one stereotype associated to your country?
Black people always associated with fried chicken and watermelon. I suppose it implies our slavery roots in that they were both cheap and it was finger food so we looked like animals eating it, which was our place in society…. Stereotypes suck.
What’s your favorite song?
Oh geez. I need a new question. I love music! Lately its been songs with the word “run”. Run to You – Pentatonix, Run to You – Whitney Houston, Run – Leona Lewis, Runaway – Ed Sheeran, Run the World (Girls) – Beyonce
Would you accept an invitation to become a writer based on your blog posts?
If said person extending this invitation thinks I’m that awesome, then yeah!
What’s your top self-care activity?
My hair. It’s a process and a half to detangle and style it because salons cost money and I haven’t been in a salon that is able to handle my mane (besides straightening it because that’s boring). Most of my hairstyle ideas come from naturalistas on Youtube!
What’s something you love about humanity?
How different we are from one another and the technologies we’ve develop that make it possible to learn about and grow with each other and our surroundings.
And now 11 more facts about me because I’m just full of them:
- I played the flute, saxophone and baritone in elementary/middle school
- I got my first pair of glasses when I was in 4th grade and didn’t want to wear them for the longest time because I thought I looked like Harry Potter
- I am Groot
- I am a tech nerd. Currently teaching myself a few programming languages
- I’m on the review team for a favorite author of mine
- I love blueberries and blueberry flavored things
- I’ve had Netflix since 2009 when it was $5 a month and you got DVDs in the mail
- I’ve written a post everyday this month except May 1st because of birthday shenanigans
- I love anime. If you have not seen Cowboy Bebop or Howl’s Moving Castle, you are seriously missing out on fantastic worlds
- I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 20 which is pretty rare for kids in America who usually get their permit as soon as they turn 16
- I am a ginormous classic Disney fan. I collect them on VHS and can recite most of them word for word, song for song. (HAKUNA MATATA, what a wonderful phrase!)
My Questions that are not philosophical, or you can choose to answer the ones above:
- If you could have one date with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
- King’s Landing or King Arthur’s Court?
- Which is cooler: dinosaurs or dragons? (that’s a trick question just sayin’)
- Have you ever seen a double rainbow?
- Would you choose to fly like a bird and roam the sky or swim like a whale and roam the deep sea?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie and why?
- If you had the means to invent something, what would it be?
- Why did you choose WordPress as your blogging platform instead of say Blogger or Wix?
- What’s the one thing that makes you smile every single day?
- If you could live in a book world, which one would it be and why?
- Do you like pina coladas? (I may or may not be humming in my head)
Coming up with 11 questions was tough! Now 11 nominations?? I’m going to cheat and just pick the last few people who commented on the blog somewhere:
Congrats to the nominees! Participate if you want however don’t feel obligated to do so. If anyone else would like to participate, I nominate you too and feel free to answer right in the comments section below!