Happy New Year Friends!
I know I’ve been a slacker in my blogging duties lately. Turned out one of our broadband wires was cut which was why our internet was acting up. We pay for 50 Mbps up and 10 Mbps down and we were only getting 15 up which is a problem since we’re gamers and serious Netflix bingers in this house. The tech repaired the line and the internet has been working fine for the most part with a few hiccups here and there. I haven’t been in the mood to actually blog though. Not much inspiration when you’re off for 10 days straight at home I realized, lol.
Anyway, it’s 2018! We rung in the new year with Thai food, sushi rolls and 2 episodes of Ozark. A few days ago though we bought a new TV. My husband is in 4K HDR heaven so of course we also upgraded our Netflix plan as well. Nothing like bringing in the New Year by spending a lot of money eh?
I’m not really in the habit of making new years resolutions; more like new years goals. So far, this is what’s on my 2018 docket:
- Set a lower Goodreads challenge. Mine was set to 100 for 2017 and only made it to 71. I’m going to set it to 70 this year and see what happens. I’m already, sort of in the middle of 3 books so that’s a good sign right?
- Get all the flooring in our house replaced. I’ve pretty much demanded that I want new carpet and hardwood throughout the house and my husband has agreed since he got an expensive TV.
- Move this blog to a new server. I’ve used Bluehost this whole year and they have not impressed me. I’m looking to change servers. Possibly to WordPress.com itself to make it easier for you all to see my full posts in the Reader. I’m still thinking about it. I have another month before my plan expires so we’ll see.
- Exercise 3 times a week. I found a neat yoga video on YouTube that I believe I can get behind especially coming from not really exercising at all. I also want to start walking at least once a week once the weather is double my age.
- Lastly, I want to have another awesome movie going year. Already have plans to see Fifty Shades Freed and Black Panther in February and Infinity War in May.
- Oh and one more thing, I want to listen to an audiobook all the way through for the first time by the end of 2018. I’m very anti audiobook but I believe I can make this happen at least once. I already have my sights set on one.
These are my 2018 plans so far. I have a few other plans but I will share them with you in the months to come.
How did you ring in the new year? Were you able to stay awake til midnight? Eat some delicious food? Do you have a new years resolution or do you mainly goals like I do? Let me know in the comments below!